These little crisps are bursting with nutrients, low in fat and so easy to make!
- 1 bag of Irish Kale will do 2 oven trays
- 2 tbsp of red onion pulp (1 small red onion grated)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of whole hemp or flax seeds – these add a lovely crunch!
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of vegetable boullion – (optional) You could also use some sea salt if you don’t have boullion.
- Preheat the oven on it’s lowest temperature 80 °C to dehydrate the crisps.
- One bag of Irish Kale will fill 2 trays
- Tear the kale into bit size pieces removing the tougher stalks.
- Wash the leaves and pat dry really well.
- Once dried add the leaves, olive oil and red onion pulp and mix well ensuring all leaves are coated.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes, vegetable boullion, and and mix thoroughly.
- Layout the kale pieces on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake at 80 °C for approximately 15-20 minutes until they are completely dehydrated like a real crisp! If you’re using 2 trays it will take longer 30-40 minutes but make sure to check them after 20!
- Store in an airtight container as they will go stale like real crisps if left out uncovered – usually they are not around that long!!