Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake
Even if you are not following a keto or low carb eating plan, this is the perfect sugar free, gluten free and guilt free dessert for the Christmas period!
Supplementing sugar with a natural sweetener will help you drastically cut down your sugar intake. I started to reduce my sugar about 5 years ago when I noticed what a negative impact it was having on my energy, hormones and skin. I make sure I always have something nice in my freezer so I never feel deprived! After a lot of experimentation I found erythritol gives the closest taste to sugar without that weird sweetener after taste!! I used powdered erythritol for this recipe from Pure and Natural and you can pick 1kg for €11.25 (which is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere!). The powdered variety works best, but it can be hard to get your hands on in regular supermarkets, and Pure and Natural only charge €2.50 delivery! You can pick it up here but you’ll be prompted to register an account first.
- 4 room temperature eggs
- 200 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate 85% and upwards has less sugar
- 1 cup sweetener – I used powdered erythritol
- Optional – 1 tablespoon of vanilla
1. Melt butter and chocolate over hot water. (Add your vanilla in here if you are using it). While this is melting separate your eggs.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with half of the sweetener.
3. Next whisk your egg whites until fluffy, then add the rest of the sweetener and whisk until stiff peaks form.
4. Add the egg yolk mix to your melted chocolate/butter and then fold this mix into your fluffy egg whites.
5. Pour into a lined quiche dish and bake for 40 minutes at 180 °C
6. It will collapse once you take it out of the oven but don’t worry!
7. Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!