This Dessert is full of healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and iron. All amazing nutrients for your hormones making this perfect for ladies when they are craving chocolate at a certain time of the month!!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of tinned coconut milk – the creamy part!
- 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of Maca (this is optional but it gives it a lovely flavour!)
- If you want to increase fibre content add 1 tbsp of chia seeds, they help the mousse to set nicely.
- Optional toppings: flaked almonds, strawberries, cocoa nibs, grated dark chocolate
- Add the avocado and coconut cream to a large bowl and mash together with a fork.
- Add the cacoa powder, maca, chia seeds, vanilla extract and honey.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and then finish off with a hand blender to produce the creamy mousse consisitency.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge for 20 minutes to set or until ready to eat.